Let's just say I couldn't hurry my family quick enough to get to 314 King Street to visit Elizabeth Stuart Design. You know the feeling, a little pick-up of your heart beat as you near the destination. Elizabeth Stuart Faith, “Muffie”, is the energy and talent behind Elizabeth Stuart Design. Visiting this store reveals that a discerning eye with an affection for color and texture is at work. One of the things I noticed right away is the impeccable pairing of accent pillows with upholstery. Courtney of StyleCourt has also recently posted about Muffie's work - click here to see some lovely pics from her gothic revival house in Mount Pleasant.



Love the small, muted pattern on this chair paired with the bolder, vibrant pillow.
One of my absolute favorite pieces in the store! It is the lid of a box and I adore it. Beautiful design and texture. Below is a unique and lovely sunburst mirror featuring a flower motif.

Gorgeous mirror sconce. Love the half-shades with the gold borders.

A little leopard and geometric shapes to jazz up this classic couch. You'll notice the stacks of books on the coffee table. The store has a vast selection of design books, many of which are not shelved routinely in big box bookstores.

Seeing alot of cute owls lately in design. I'm wondering if it's our unconscious desire for some wisdom in this current economic climate? Here's some nice ones on these wide windowpane check pillows.

I'd also like to give a warm thank you to Caroline of the King Street store for being so gracious and for allowing me to take some pictures. They've just started a blog as well - so we had fun exchanging ideas and observations. I'm a bit slow on the uptake but just realized the article I clutched throughout our trip included Muffie's picks for places to eat, shop and visit. On the flight there, I happened to show the Southern Accents article to a very well dressed and lovely woman from Charleston who proclaimed, "This is the best and most comprehensive list I've seen!"

More good news - Elizabeth Stuart Design has a second, very large location nearby in West Ashley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top