Location, location, location. When you're in LA do you think of Pasadena? Next time I'm in LA I will. I received an email from Angela Lee of Bonita Interiors (upstairs in The Pasadena Antique Center) wondering if I might be able to stop by while I was in LA. Unfortunately I couldn't but I asked her to email some photos - turns out her store is full of terrific upcycled vintage pieces.

I happened to mention I loved one of the chairs pictured below (for reasons of discretion I won't say exactly which one.) Well interestingly enough, it was purchased by a well known designer for $400 and is now on 1st dibs for $2000+. A good reminder that there are great pieces in vintage/consignment stores and that finding them as close to the source is best.


Love both these bureaus! The chair to the right looks like it's upholstered in Imperial Trellis fabric . Also love the two framed block prints below.
The other day I mentioned the desk from Ruff & Ready - courtesy of Domicidal Maniac's great eye. Below is a stainless steel and brass Neoclassical coffee table I bought at an estate sale for $5!! Yes, I'll need to replace the glass and polish off the rust but for $5 I was over the moon.
The red lampshade is from the side of the road. I'm in the process of painting it as it gives off a crazy orange glow. The shade is on an armless 2 seat sofa I bought for $425 from Capital Consignment in Bethesda, MD. It has down filled cushions and was the exact size I was looking for. It's in pristine condition but the yellow doesn't work in the room so I'm planning to slipcover it in white linen. Hopefully soon...

What are you currently upcycling?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top