This is my first time participating in Tablescape Thursday and I was inspired by my recent purchase of these two vintage tablecloths while on the Eddie Ross flea market tour. However, both were rectangular and neither one was the right size for my round table. Problem solved when they are layered, one crossing over the over and each one making up for the "short side" of the other. Yeah!
The top tablecloth is the Fantasia pattern from the 70's. To tie in with the gray in the pattern, I was able to use the light gray napkins my late elderly neighbor, Mrs. L, gave me. This table is set for three - I only wish I could run next door to invite Mr. and Mrs. L over for lunch. At first I tried a floral centerpiece, but instead settled on pears in a vintage aluminum footed bowl.
The glassware is from my Mom - purchase in Bermuda in 1961.
Here are the lovely Creative Candles that were a gift from Eddie and Jaithan. Two sets of matching candlesticks create four different heights with these 12" and 18" tapers. They're Paris Gray and are more gray than they appear in this photo.

Love small bouquets - this one is made from last Friday's white flowers w/cuttings from a butterfly bush and a shrub.
After setting this table and lighting the candles, I thought to myself, "I should do this more often!" For links to more tablescapes, be sure to head over to Between Naps on the Porch for the 57th Tablescape Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top