I hope you like gushing - because I'm smitten with Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar! In the end, the success of a party is really all about the guests and I had the fortune of having the most wonderful group of people come to this party. If graciousness is the art of making others feel comfortable and valued then Eddie and Jaithan are the embodiment of the word! Here's Eddie autographing my July 09 copy of Style at Home. The tag line for the article: "Move over Madonna! Meet Eddie Ross - the King of Reinvention" - click here to read more.
I think I'll frame this picture of Eddie & I along side my autographed magazine copy!
Leila of In the Tweeds and her lovely mom. I think her blog name is so creative! (In the background are my new linen curtains from I Dream of Drapery - I'll be doing a whole post on this wonderful company out of Georgia.)
Bob of Homer's Odd Isn't He ,with his lovely guest to the left, and Linda of Haven on Hanover. Bob's blog is the go-to blog for a behind-the-scenes look into auctions and Linda is a designer renovating her historic home in the Fan Distric of Richmond.
The ever stylish Jen of Department of the Interior and the guest who traveled the farthest - Terri of Wind Lost - all the way from Calgary, Canada!! Terri and her boyfriend David were here in the States for a vacation and the timing was perfect for coming to the party. It was so great to meet her in person - she's wonderful!
Gretchen Ginnerty of Ginnerty Architects (click here to see Gretchen's amazing transformation of a 1960's split ranch) is speaking with Terri Sapienza of The Washington Post. In the background is Jennifer Sergent of Washington Spaces chatting with Eddie. I always enjoy reading Terri and Jennifer's articles on design. To the right is Scott Fazzini of Domicidal Maniac and Bob Murphy of Homer's Odd Isn't He.
Designer Anne Hardock and Gretchen Ginnerty of Dwellings by Design. A huge thank you to both all them for all their wonderful help in the last hour before the party - invaluable!
Janet of JCB and Scott of Domicidal Maniac - two talented and fun people!
Jaithan, Beth of Chinoiserie Chic & Style Redux, Lauren of Pure Style Home and Jen of Department of the Interior. How could a party go wrong when you have these guests in your kitchen?! After emailing Jaithan so many times it was great to meet him - so charming and interesting to talk with in person.
To the left, Thomas of My White Shirt - one of the nicest people you'll meet.
Gabi, Meg's sister-in-law, Anne Hardock, Meg Fairfax Fielding of Pigtown Design and Janet of JCB. I was so excited to meet Meg as she was one of the first blogs I followed. Fun, witty and super nice - everything you would expect as a reader of her blog.
More fun - did I mention that everyone wanted Terri to take a picture of them because her camera magically makes you look tan!

And I wished I had taken more pictures - I'm hoping other bloggers have their photos so I'll be able to add photos of the other bloggers. They included (if I've forgotten anybody let me know!):

Stefan of Architect Design

Annie of Bossy Color

Allison of Matters of Style

Pat of Pat's Addition - I don't have a picture of Pat but here are the incredible raspberries she brought. Homegrown, hand picked and spectacular!


And finally a HUGE THANK YOU to my husband for all his support. His Cuban roasted pork was the hit of the party - love you Danny!

Tomorrow's post - Eddie at the Flea Market: Fabulous Finds & Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top