I almost titled this post an "...Overlooked Design Book" but then thought maybe it's just me that hasn't discovered Dwellings: Living with Great Style by Stephen Sills and James Huniford until recently. The book was released in 2003 while they were both partners in Sills Huniford Associates. After 25 years together, they went their separate ways in the summer of 2008. I have found myself returning to this book frequently for inspiration and enjoyment.
Side by side marble tubs in a bathroom floored with Moroccan style tiles. Beautiful. I'll let the rest of these photos speak for themselves. (these images via Stephen Sills Associates)






The book is sans dust jacket and has the most wonderful gray linen cover. When you're not reading it, it looks quite lovely left about. For more images of their respective work you can visit Stephen Sills Associates or James Huniford.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top