I have been caught in a time warp as 2009 ended and 2010 began. As my husband reminded me today, I haven't been out of the house in 4 days. All good things - reading, hot chocolate, watching movies with the kids but still...I've felt suspended in time.

This picture of my dining room was taken last year, January 2009. 12 months later and the only thing that is the same is the yellow wall color (bright, I know). My grandmother's dining room table is in the basement, the shutters from my husband's family home are in the next room, the Pottery Barn chandelier replaced, and new baseboards have been installed.

However, it still needs help and I'm not quite sure what I'll do. Next post I'll show the current state, maybe you can give me some insights?

Sensing my angst, my husband wrote me a poem. Check out the last line - he really knows me!

Spaces by Dan Carroll

We live in spaces
Soft Warm Bold
Something makes us long
For spaces we know.
The things we remember
The tray on the table
The knob on the door
These things that we use
And love and adore.
If I could live in the perfect of places
With all of my friends I remember their faces
It would be a place where I’d love to stay
As long as I could change it 3 times a day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top