22 years ago I fell in love with this apartment interior - it was on the cover of Conran's Living in Small Spaces. Very apropos at the time as my husband and I lived in a one bedroom 1930's 4th floor apartment in Cambridge, MA and Conran's had just opened up a US store down the street on Mass Ave. The store was short lived but I've held on to this book ever since.
Just this past weekend I was google searching Bruce Budd, a designer featured in April's The World of Interiors, and came across pictures of the apartment via a post by The Blue Remembered Hills. It was a thrilling find as the post included the rest of the apartment - images I had never seen!
I learned that this was the Greenwich apartment of architect Lee Mindel of Shelton, Mindel & Associates, and was featured in The World of Interiors, July/Aug 1987, among other magazines. It was considered "fresh and new at the time." 22 years later it still is.
Thank you to the blogger, The Blue Remembered Hills - your post felt like finding a little present. Now I'm off to track down a copy of the July/Aug 1987 World of Interiors...
Do you have any interiors you still think about after many years?
(photography by Dan Cornish)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top