This is the 4th version of my entry since starting my blog 3 years ago (previous post here). The last year it's been in flux so I never showed a photo of that version. Recently I checked out Sharon Haydon's site Fabulous Finds and came across this stone topped console table for $275. Loved the size, the drawer and the curved style which breaks up all the right angles in this small space. The hypertufa ball below the console is a smaller version of the one in my fireplace.
These two ring iron ring sculptures were purchased back in '09 during a visit to McLain Weisand with Meg of Pigtown Design.
This black glazed pot was rescued on garbage day from the side of the road.
Keeping with the idea of adding in curves, last weekend I bought this small (11") convex mirror from Grant Gibson's One King's Lane Sale and am hoping it will work hung above the current mirror. I might need to add some gold glaze to the current mirror to tie it in.
Finally, some wrapping paper in the drawer and a goal to only put sunglasses in this drawer so it doesn't become another place for junk!

THIS SATURDAY MAY 7th - Sharon has terrific, very reasonably priced vintage furniture and accessories. This Saturday she's having her Annual Spring Barn Sale from 8:00 - 4:00 pm, 1870 Hunter Mill Road, Vienna, VA. Go here to check out pics of her great finds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top