For our lower level bathroom remodel, I purchased these 4 vintage electric sconces for $40 a piece from Plaire, a terrific esty seller (more on that in a bit.) 2 will be rewired for use in the bathroom and the other 2 will be in used in the dining room. They're brass with antiqued mirror at the back.

Unfortunately, in the shipping the antiqued mirror broke on one of the sconces. So unless I can find a close approximation, I will replace the antiqued mirror with plain mirror on both of the ones for the bathroom and remove the curved wire to give it a more modern look. The brass will be cleaned and polished and the sconces mounted on the New Ravenna Wave Glass that will surround the mirror above the sink vanity. I also plan to use the tile as a feature above the freestanding tub.
The brass faucet was a $75 vintage find on etsy and the $10 towel bar was found in a clearance bin in a local plumbing supply store. Wish I knew who the manufacturer is!

Back to the great etsy seller Plaire; I was so impressed with how she handled the damaged sconce, exceeding my expectations. Definitely take the time to visit her store where you'll find great stuff like this:

antique French wire fishing basket
Although this antique French headboard is SOLD, it gives you an idea of the pieces that come through her etsy store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top