Would you believe me if I told you my interest in green came a few months before Pantone declared emerald as the color of the year?  It started with the remnant roll of smokey green fabric I found. Then I peeled off the book cover of California Country Style and was even more smitten.  A bit lighter than the fabric, it's very similar to the green in these Jasperware glasses I love.  So combined with a growing fatigue with the last five years of dark brown walls in my library/dining room, I'm planning a change.


So up went some sample patches of Farrow & Ball Calke Green and I think I'm about to take the plunge.  From BM North Creek Brown to a strong green - keeping all the trim and built-in bookcases in the room white.

Dark brown curtains will be replaced with something much lighter - maybe even a pattern.  The dining table and metal console are no longer here (these are old pics), replaced with our original dining table.
So, what do you think? Am a I crazy to want to go green?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top