Has it really been 6 years?  I had planned to do a retrospective but somehow I never carved out the time to make that happen.  Truth be told, I'm happy to leave 2013 behind. So, instead of looking back, here's what I'm planning for 2014:

- Finish some aspects of my One Room Challenge library/dining room.  Linda's challenge was just the kick-in-the pants I needed and it's time to keep the momentum going.

- Complete the basement reno.  (Yes, that project lingers on...)  However, there's been lots of progress and it's time to start posting about it. The tile guy will be coming back from Italy in February so we'll finally have our 3rd bathroom back, yeah!

- Redecorate my daughter's former bedroom into a study/guest room.

- Post about my family room - I've never really shown it on this blog and it's overdue.

- Tackle the landscaping in our side yard.

- Sew all those pillows so I don't have to keep staring at those bolts of fabric!


We've also got some fun things coming up in 2014:

- a trip to Boston in April.  My 10th grade daughter wants to get a jump start on the college search :)

- St. John USVI for spring break. One of my favorite places in the world.

- a trip we're in the midst of planning to the Greek Islands  (let me know if you've got advice for us)
and

I'll be turning 50!!!  I'm feeling really good about that.  A half-century - sounds so distinguished, doesn't it?

Finally, thanks to everyone who keeps showing up to read this blog.  I really, really appreciate it.  So here's to more fun in 2014.  Wishing you all the best and Happy New Year!

1st pic from a trip to LA.  These two from my friend Lori's house.
These tablescape pics are from a visit to Linda Horsley in Atlanta.


Finally, an awesome urn from Peachtree Battle Antiques in Atlanta.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top