We've all heard that Pantone declared Radiant Orchid as 2014's color of the year.  When I first heard, I have to admit I wasn't quite sure so I turned to my copy of  House Beautiful Color: The Perfect Shade for Every Room to check out their thoughts on "purple personality."  It says that purple lovers "like to think outside the box…they're progressive…value friendships..want to work together to make a better world for all."  That alone makes me want to get on the Radiant Orchid bandwagon for 2014.


What I love about this latest publication by House Beautiful and Lisa Cregan is that is covers all the bases on every color - you're given an overview of the color, suggested picks for certain shades and shown interiors featuring that color to help visualize the possibilities.


Plus, there's a whole section on color combinations.  This is particularly nice if you're happy with the way your room is painted and/or the dominant color but you're looking to change the look up by adding in a new secondary color to the scheme.

Thank you to Sari and Sterling Publishing for my copy of House Beautiful Color: The Perfect Shade for Every Room.  It's already got me contemplating a bathroom color change...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top