Years ago I can remember reading in a number of magazines about the Seattle store Red Ticking and hoping someday I would have a chance to visit. That was before blogging and any aspirations I might have had of meeting the owner, Pam Robinson. Well, I recently had the pleasure of doing both those things and couldn't be more happy about it. Pam left a corporate career in fashion design to pursue her passion for vintage and rare European textiles and opened Red Ticking. Not only is it full of beautiful fabrics but also unique furniture pieces found on shopping ventures on the East coast. Love this settee in the purple gray fabric.
A life preserver with character! Pam mentioned these are hard to come by as of late.

The selection of vintage fabrics is vast. Pam finds these primarily in the south of France. The prices can range from $95 - $900+ depending on the size and rarity. Pam made an analogy between these textiles and works of art - which made a lot of sense to me. The number of these pieces is finite in supply and in some cases there are few pieces left.






At the end of my visit, Pam generously gave me one of these lavender sachets made by a friend of hers in France from a rare indigo dyed fabric. It's like having a little piece of history and I love it! I recently emailed Pam to let her know how handy it came in when we were stuck behind a dump truck in the tunnel out of Boston's Logan airport. Beautiful and practical - the best combination.
Pam's gorgeous home appeared in the April 07 issue of the much-missed Cottage Living. You can check out the complete spread here (Photography by Roger Davies)

*Update - I was just visiting Pam's blog and noticed she now has a presence on 1st Dibs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top