Not sure I know the definition of California Casual but my version of it is synonomous with the furniture, fabrics and accessories of Rooms & Gardens. In 2006 the actress Mary Steenburgen partnered with Rooms & Gardens founders Eric and Jamie Voulgaris to expand from their original stores in Santa Barbara and Summerland and open a store in Santa Monica.

This room 's neutral, warm background lets the red accents pop and draws your eye to the strong colored landscapes in similar gold frames.
The candle in the green jug, with a bit of tied raffia, is a great touch.

Strong, large scaled pattern on simple, small scale chairs - great combo.

Love this chair. Check out the superb matching of the paisley pattern on this slipcover. It was fortuitous that I saw this oversized chair because I was this-close to getting rid of a very dated (think 80's oversized) english arm club chair. Comfortable but ugly. Everytime I looked at it it reminded me that I never should have bought it - markdown or not! I think I could resurrect it if I pursued a slipcover with this kind of styling - even letting the legs peek out to breathe new life into it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top