Whenever a designer whose work has graced the pages of major shelter magazines issues a book, you always wonder - will I really be seeing anything I haven't seen before?  When Vendome Press offered me the chance to review Tom Scheerer Decorates,  I jumped at the chance to find out.  Well the good news is, you will.  Even with the homes that I recognized, there were different shots and new rooms that give you so much more than you've seen previously. 




The book is divided into 3 major sections:  City, Country and Tropics. Each is full of large, lush photos by Francesco Lagnese capturing all the elegant, livable chicness Scheerer is known for. 
Mimi Read's narration gives you a real sense of Scheerer's approach and the reasoning behind his choices.  And, isn't that what were looking for from a book like this - a glimpse into the creative process of such a talented designer?






I had mentioned Scheerer's upcoming book in a post back in July and am so happy now to have it in my collection.  An added bonus, the under-the-cover of this book is fabulous. The caning design is even slightly textured!      Tom Scheerer Decorates

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top