This past week my Master Bedroom makeover was at a  bit of stand still since we went to our favorite place for spring break, St John USVI.  This was the view from the bedroom there - makes me wish it was my view all the time.  Every time I thought about the loss of  1/6 of the time for the ORC, I just drank a little bit lot more rum… So now I'm back to reality with two weeks left to go!


I did make some progress on the fun side of things.  My sponsor, the fabulous Charlotte & Ivy, is providing a beautiful Greek Key pillow for the bed.  I think the 15" x 23" size will be perfect for a center pillow and the gray and gold ribbon will tie in nicely with the gray velvet headboard.



I also found two pieces of art for the room from ORC sponsor, Minted, who offer limited edition prints from independent artists. They have a really interesting model to bring art to their customers - they sponsor ongoing design competitions where designers submit works and the Minted community votes to tell them what to sell.  The works are available on museum quality cotton rag archival paper with archival ink or acid and lignin-free paper with deluxe pigment ink.  I chose two beautiful abstract pieces.   Below Ravello, a limited edition print by Kelli Hall (pictured above)

and  Painted Grunge, a limited edition print by Aticnomar.  This 30" x 40"  piece will be hung vertically in the entry area of the bedroom, replacing the current  smaller landscape.  I think that vertical placement will create a better feel to this small space.


As a reminder,  this is the bedroom back on  Week 1.  (you can also check out the decisions/progress of Week 2 and Week 3)

Next week, I'll be showing you:

-  the new drapes and pelmut
-  progress with the grasscloth on the Ikea Pax closets
-  the newly upholstered headboard



Now be sure to head over to check out what my fellow bloggers have accomplished - which I'm certain is going to light a fire under me to make up for that lost week!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top