A while ago I posted about my living room color change - from yellow/green to a blue gray. Well, this meant the entry bureau had to change too. It's now painted Farrow & Ball's Pavilion Gray with a narrow trim painted around the edges for contrast in F&B's Pigeon. With the change in weather it felt a bit cool so I added this ribbon. The gold dish is from Pear Tree Cottage in Vienna, VA. I rather like it empty although it's often full of sunglasses, keys and other stuff. Here is my entry way from a post last December 2008. In all honesty, I don't think I ever really liked it green.
It's really hard to get a photo since the entry way is fairly shallow, only 78" from the front door to the wall. There used to be a claustraphobic closet where the bureau is now. For this picture, I'm pushed to the very edge of the outside entry. Off to the right you can see the beginnings of a gallery wall, currently stalled and w/crooked pictures!
What's in this lovely pink package? The incredible book, The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent & Pierre Berge, that I was very fortunate to win from Little Augury. She has impeccable taste as evidenced by this book choice for a giveaway - it is a visual feast. Thank you!!
(Photography in this book is by Ivan Terestchenko)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top