I was very happy to be introduced to the work of Chicago designer Michael Del Piero. I find I'm often attracted to interiors that have an unexpected twist to them and love the eclectic mix of elements and the contrast of textures in her work. I think the styling of this secretary is perfection - love the bit of blue painted finish that shows off to the left side.

The artwork over this secretary is a perfect complement to this nook by the stairs.
Looking more closely at this room, I noticed the different shapes in the legs of the coffee table, stools and chairs and how well they play off each other and add interest to this very calm and relaxing space.


The oversized floral arrangment on the tray really stands out to me. Love all the accent pieces - they add a lot of warmth and patina to the space. Great chairs too!
Isn't this kitchen fabulous! Love the choice of the narrow table and the random, but so well placed, arrangement of plates. They really make this space.

Some good news -Michael also owns the Good Design Studio and Home Furnishings Boutique located at 1914 N. Damen Avenue in Chicago where she offers accessories, lighting and furniture. My favorite piece in her collection right now is a pair of antique French polished iron chairs. I'm going to be in Chicago in June for business and am definitely putting her store on my must-visit list.
(photography by Janet Mesic Mackie)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top